VACANCY: REGIMENTAL SECRETARY RHQ THE RLC
Post Regimental Secretary RHQ The RLC
Location Deepcut, near Camberley, Surrey. GU16 6RW
Job Term Full time – Fixed Term: 23 Months
Grade Senior Executive Officer C1
1. This is an MSF post, the incumbent of which is required to manage the regimental affairs of the Royal Logistic Corps and its Forming Corps and act as the Principal Staff Officer to the Master General of Logistics and the Corps Colonel. A detailed knowledge of the Royal Logistic Corps, including its customs and practices, is essential.
Outline Job Description
2. To head The RLC Regimental Secretariat and to establish, maintain and report on RLC regimental activities through Corps Committees.
3. The Regimental Secretary’s main responsibilities are as follows:
a. To be the principal staff officer to the Colonel RLC responsible for the delivery and administration of regimental affairs for The RLC.
b. To direct and co-ordinate the activities within the Secretariat and to be the Line Manager for the staff of The RLC Secretariat, Forming Corps Associations and The RLC Museum; a total of 20 staff (E grade to C2, G-I-A and privately employed).
c. To provide a focus for the support of the Forming Corps and their current activities.
d. To be the secretary of all RLC regimental committees: the Council, the Master General of Logistics’ Executive Committee and its subordinate committees; The RLC Association Trust and its Standing Committees; to be the secretary to The RLC Museum Trust, the Hong Kong LEP Trust and the William and Grace Trust.
e. To provide the focus for RLC sports.
f. To manage and enhance the regimental property of The RLC and its Forming Corps.
g. To provide the lead for RLC Benevolence and Association matters.
h. To provide the MS lead for appointments of Colonels Commandant and Honorary Colonels.
j. To lead on the relocation of the Home of the Corps and The RLC Museum.
k. To maintain links with affiliated Regiments and Corps.
Military Support Function
This is a Military Support Function (MSF) post. Posts are designated MSF when particular skills, competencies and military knowledge are required. Any skills, knowledge and experience you believe pertinent to this vacancy should be expanded upon in your application in the Competence, Experience and Knowledge section of the Application Form. Ideally the post should be filled by an individual who has achieved Service staff qualifications and has commanded an RLC unit.
You will be asked to supply evidence of meeting these competencies when you apply.
- Seeing the big picture
- Making effective decisions
- Changing and improving
- Leading and communicating
- Collaborating and partnering
- Delivering value for money
- Managing a quality service
- Delivering at pace
Click here to find out more or apply now