Who we are
Our website address is: https://www.royallogisticcorps.co.uk.
The following is to explain your rights and to give you information you are entitled to under the Data Protection Act 2018.
Please note this refers to your personal data (your name; address and anything that could be used to identify you personally).
Why are we collecting or processing your data?
By contacting The RLC, The RLC Association or The RLC Forming Corps Associations, via this website you are submitting elements of your personal data. By doing this you are accepting that we may hold your details securely on email servers or within databases within RHQ The RLC. Your inclusion on these databases is because you are serving in The RLC or wish to serve as an officer in The RLC. Other reasons are you are a current member of The RLC or Forming Corps Associations.
Our e-Commerce websites (The RLC PRI Shop and RLC Archive) are operated through third party provider, Shopify. When using these sites, you do so under the provider’s privacy and data protection policy. The RLC does not store any of the personal or financial information you submit through these websites.
Any personal data we do hold is treated in the strictest confidence. If any serving RLC personnel have concerns with regards to the storage and processing of their personal data they should contact RHQ The RLC’s Data Protection Officer, Maj G Carnegie-Brown. Email: Grant.Carnegie-Brown100@mod.gov.uk
Members of the Associations should contact RHQ The RLC’s Personal Information Risk Manager, Richard Stockman. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If your concerns are not satisfied you have broader concerns about the MOD’s use of your personal data you can contact the MOD Data Protection Officer.
The identity and contact details of Ministry of Defence (MOD) Data Controller and Data Protection Officer
The Ministry of Defence is the data controller. The contact detail is MOD Main Building, Whitehall, London SW1A 2HB
The Data Protection Officer is Mr. Martin Elliot and he can be contacted at:
MOD Data Protection Officer, Ground floor, zone D, Main Building, Whitehall, London, SW1A 2HB
Email address: email@example.com
Our legal basis for processing your personal data
The Data Protection Act 2018 states that, as a government department, the MOD may process personal data as necessary for the effective performance of providing information, processing applications, or administering memberships or affiliations.
With whom we will be sharing your personal data
The RLC publishes a Corps magazine, an annual review and Forming Corps’ newsletters. If you qualify to receive these publications, we share your mailing data with our printer: Holbrooks Printers Ltd, Norway Road, Hilsea, Portsmouth. PO3 5HX. This data is transmitted in password protected documents and is destroyed after use.
The RLC does not share your data with any other third parties outside the MOD.
For how long we will keep the personal data, or criteria used to determine the retention period
Your personal data could be held for up to 10 years, or for as long as you are a serving member of The RLC or are a current member of one of The RLC Associations. For more information on our records management and data retention policy contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
In his absence please contact: The RLC’s Data Protection Officer, Maj Carnegie-Brown. Email: Grant.Carnegie-Brown100@mod.gov.uk
After the retention period has elapsed, all data will be destroyed securely in line with MOD data destruction policy.
Under Data Protection legislation you have the following individual rights with regards to your personal data:
- The right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data
- The right of access your personal data and supplementary information
- The right to have inaccurate personal data rectified, or completed if it is incomplete
- The right to erasure (to be forgotten) in certain circumstances
- The right to restrict processing in certain circumstances
- The right to object to processing in certain circumstances
- The right to withdraw consent (where relevant)
- Right to complain to the information Commissioner
Further information can be found at: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/
Transfer of personal data to other countries
Your data will not be sent overseas.
Automated decision making
Your data will not be used for any automated decision making.
How we store personal data
Your data will be stored in a secure government IT system.
Mailing data is sent to our printing company seven times a year. This is done using encrypted spreadsheets, sent over secure government email servers.
How to complain if you are not happy
If you are unhappy with how any aspect of this privacy notice, or how your personal information is being processed, please contact:
MOD Information Rights Team, Ground floor, zone D, Main Building, Whitehall, London SW1A 2HB
They will acknowledge your complaint within 5 working days and send you a full response within 20 working days. If they can’t respond fully in this time, they will write and let you know why and tell you when you should get a full response.
If you are still not happy, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO):
Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Tel: 0303 123 1113
Website Membership Forms
- The privacy and security of your data is very important to us. This policy explains what we collect and how we use and safeguard it.
Personal Data and Collection
- Your personal data is any information which identifies you, or which can be identified as relating to you personally (for example, name, phone number, email address).
We will only collect the personal data that we need, that is provided by you and for the uses set out below. a. We will record whether you are a subscribing member of The RLC or Forming Corps Associations and/or Officers’ Clubs and will process cheques or other financial
transactions as required, but we will not retain these or record any banking information about you. b. No change will be made to the information we have collected unless informed by you. c. Information will be destroyed when no long required or irrelevant. d. You can request that your data is deleted or amended or ask for a copy of what is held by contacting the Veterans, Families and Civil Engagement Officers in RHQ The RLC.
What is the information used for?
- We will use your information to: a. Communicate with you and keep you informed of RHQ The RLC and Forming Corps news and activities. b. Maintain your Association Membership and/or your Officers’ Club. This includes sending information by email and mail, that may/will include publications such as The Sustainer,
Newsletters, Forming Corps Publications and Ad Hoc notifications. c. Dealing with your enquiries and requests.
Protecting you information
- Your personal information will: a. Only be used for the purposes stated and only information we need will be collected. b. Only be seen by those in RHQ The RLC who need it to do their work. c. Not be shared with any third party, including other Association or Officers’ Club Members without your Permission. d. Where possible, be kept up to date. e. Be protected from unauthorised or accidental disclosure.
- We will provide you with a copy of your personal information upon request. Changes you provide or inaccurate data will be corrected as soon as possible.
- By providing us with your personal information you consent to the collection and use as described within the policy. You can change your preferences at any time in the future by
contacting RHQ The RLC.