Funding is available for Adventurous Training activities deemed a valuable addition to formal military training, helping support the values and standards of military personnel.
The authoritative source for direction and guidance for Joint Service Adventurous Training (JSAT) activities is JSP 419. This was reissued dated Jan 16 and can be downloaded from the Defence Intranet accessible via the Defence Gateway.
The JSAT Scheme
The Joint Services Adventurous Training (JSAT) Scheme provides formal training to progressively develop AT Instructors in specific outdoor activities, through specialised courses provided at JSAT Centres.
The JSAT Centres act as the centres of excellence for the respective JSAT activities and provide subject matter experts within their specialised areas.
There are nine AT centres funded by the three services as the cornerstones of JSAT:
- Joint Services Adventurous Sail Training Centre (JSASTC) Gosport
- Joint Services Sub-Aqua Diving Centre (JSSADC) Fort Bovisand
- Joint Services Mountain Training Centre (JSMTC (I)) Indefatigable
- Cyprus Joint Services Adventurous Training Centre (CJSATC) Dhekelia
- Joint Services Parachute Centre (JSPC (N)) Netheravon
- Joint Services Parachute Centre (JSPC (L)) Lippspringe
- Joint Services Parachute Centre (JSPC (W)) Weston On The Green
- Joint Services Gliding Centre (JSGC) Halton
- Joint Services Hang Gliding and Paragliding Centre (JSHPC) Crickhowell
The Army holds sponsorship responsibility for Canoeing, Caving, Mountaineering and Skiing.
Information about Joint Services Sailing Expeditions can be obtained from the Joint Services Adventurous Sailing Training Centre, Gosport. Tel: 02392765971 Email: email@example.com
Personnel attending formal courses at JSAT centres are deemed to be ‘on duty’, the cost of travel to and from the centre must be by cheapest available means and is payable as a charge against unit travel budgets.
Travel costs for approved activities (other than formal courses) at the centres must be met from AT funds or the individual concerned.
More information is available from each individual training centre.
THE RLC ASSOCIATION TRUST CAN BE APPROACHED TO FUND ADVENTUROUS TRAINING EXERCISES, SPECIALIST EQUIPMENT AND EXPEDITIONS
Latest News & Events
Nominations are now open for the 2021 Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT) Awards for Excellence. Now in its twenty-ninth year, the prestigious Awards provide the…