Conversations about mental health change lives.
At the moment, too many people with mental health problems are made to feel isolated, ashamed and worthless by other people’s reactions.
But talking about mental health doesn’t need to be difficult. It can be as simple as making time to have a cup of tea or go for a walk, and listening to someone talk about how they feel.
Being open about mental health and ready to listen can make a positive difference to someone’s life.
This is what Time to Talk Day is all about ‘ giving us all the chance to talk and listen about mental health.
Conversation starters :-
· Make someone a cup of tea and have a chat.
· Share with someone the thing that makes you smile the most.
· Get some fresh air with someone and see how they’re doing.
· Thank someone for something they’ve done for you.
· Text a friend and ask ‘How are you?’
· Call someone you haven’t spoken to for a while and ask how they are.
· Tell someone how you’re feeling today.
· Find out what someone does to unwind on a tough day.
Whatever the hour, every conversation, every text, every share means more people are reached and more lives are changed.