RLC Soldier to complete epic charity fitness challenge
On the 23rd July 2015 Staff Sergeant Anthony Burrell RLC will be completing an epic army fitness challenge over 24 hours for charity.
Starting in Royal Military Academy Sandhurst and ending at Army HQ Andover, SSgt Burrell who is currently part of the Army Engagement Group, will complete every current Army fitness test in under 24 hours. SSgt Burrell decided to undertake this mammoth feat in order to raise money for a charity close to his heart; the Soldiers Charity the Army Benevolent Fund (ABF). Before transferring into The Royal Logistic Corps SSgt Burrell served with the Irish Guards for seven years and saw how important the work of the ABF was to colleagues who had been seriously injured and to those who had lost loved ones.
09:30 23/07/15 – Starting at RoyalMilitaryAcademySandhurst
- Swim Test â€“ 200 meters swim and 2 minutes treading water
- Personal Fitness Assessment â€“ 2 minutes of press ups, 2 minutes of sit ups and 1 ½ mile run.
- Operational Test Five â€“ 10 mile TAB with 25 kilograms of weight.
- Operational Test Four â€“ 5 mile TAB with 20 kilograms of weight.
- Army Fitness Test â€“ 8 mile TAB with 15 kilograms of weight to ATC Pirbright.
- Operational Fitness Test Three â€“ 3 mile tab with 15 kilograms of weight to Keogh Barracks.
- Operational Fitness Test Two â€“ 2 mile tab with 20 kilograms of weight to the PT school.
- Operational Fitness Test One â€“ 3 mile tab with 25 kilograms of weight to the Irish Guards Regiment.
- Run towards Andover
12.4 Miles with 30 Kilograms of weight
Driven a short distance â€“ basher up and sleep for the night
12.4 miles with 20 kilograms of weight to Army HQ Andover.
09:30 24/07/15 – Finishing at Blenheim Building, Army HQ Andover.
Over the 24 hours SSgt Burrell will be covering over 57 miles and carrying an average of 18.8 kilos! Previously an army personal training instructor, Burrell has a great knowledge of army fitness, and since January has kept to a strict training regime to prepare himself.
If you would like to donate please click here
Comments are not enabled for this article
If you would like to provide feedback on this or anything else, please get in touch with us here.