Don’t miss Corps Open Day
On Sat 8 Jul 17, The Royal Logistic Corps (RLC) will hold its annual open day in Deepcut, Camberley. Entry to the event is free for all members of the public, veterans and serving members of the military.
Display stands will open from 9am with arena events starting at 10.00am. The day will culminate in a Party in the Park evening concert starting at 6.30pm.
This year’s sporting personality will be England Rugby Union International, Andy Goode who will be presenting The RLC Sports Awards, which recognise excellence and sporting achievements by serving members of the Corps.
Andy has played professional Rugby Union for many of the best clubs in Europe amassing over 3500 points over 415 appearances and representing England on 17 occasions and scoring 107 points.
The following military displays will be on show:
• The six functions of The RLC, namely: Supply and distribution, maritime, ammunition technical services, food services and postal and courier & movement control services.
• Commando Logistic Regiment RLC soldiers delivering a fire power demonstration.
• 11 Explosive Ordnance Disposal Regiment with their bomb disposal robot.
• 13 Air Assault Support Regiment will have an impressive display with the Air Despatch capability taking centre stage.
• RLC Enduro Motorcycle Display team performing some daring stunts.
• The RLC Silver Stars parachute display team will also make an impressive entrance with nine of them ‘dropping in’.
• Competitive sporting activities including, Rugby Union and League, Football, Cricket and an old favourite, Tug of War.
• A funfair, petting zoo and horse and cart rides.
• Farmers’ markets, various food stalls, real ales and a hog roast.
• There will also be performances by The Band and Pipes & Drums of The Royal Logistic Corps. Live contemporary music from local bands will also play throughout the day.
This will be a great day out for family and friends, so please come along!